Wednesday, June 01, 2005

If it's cool enough for him...


Today, I wore a sling baby carrier in public for the first time.

I've been wearing it (and the kid) around the house for the last few days, but I just hadn't gotten up the nerve to go outside wearing something as questionably masculine as a sling baby carrier. I've always thought they were more or less mom-specific unless they were brightly-colored and had a North Face logo on (you know... for men). But I sucked it up and wore it simply because it's the most comfortable baby transport device I've used so far. Masculinity be damned!

Imagine my delight when I got home to find the above pics and this Daddy Types post on Stephen Malkmus wearing the same sling baby carrier to a recent gallery opening. That's him on the right, by the way.

To bolster my own self-opinion, I'm going to say that this isn't simply another example of fatherhood turning a rock star into a big ol' wuss. Instead, let's say it's an example of what a trend-setting guy I really am :)